Wild Car Stories

Soon as I finish my peanut butter, I’m going to fill it up and stick it in my engine. Can’t hurt huh? Right along with the cow magnets.

Oh, Lordy, here we go again.

If you’re happy with it, I’m happy for you. But endless independent testing has determined it to be just another scam. We’ve gone over this issue numerous times on this forum in very lengthy threads.

see… red meat distraction

He forgot “cures cancer.”

Prior to the HHO sideshow, the thread was going along pretty nicely. I am hoping it will now return to its regularly scheduled programming of wild car stories.

the cars had lived many generations alone, away from man s endless rules and regulations.

they were free and wild, the way their ancestors had been…

I dunno, Carolyn, that HHO story WAS a pretty wild car story!
But I digress…

I dunno, Carolyn, that HHO story WAS a pretty wild car story!

The guys a troll…nothing more. Anyone who says HHO works…has an agenda…since it’s been PROVEN scientifically NOT to work by MANY MANY MANY independent testing and actual engineers/physicists.

I was just curious. I had no agenda.

but yeah that guy obviously had some agenda.

This story was back in the 70’s. I was driving south on highway 99 doing about 70 when I saw a TransAm quickly approaching from the rear. What made this TA more noticeable was that it was hammering a rod. As it went by the knocking was deafening. As it headed down the road, I mused “I wonder how long that will last?” A few miles later I came through a cloud of smoke with a trail of black oil on the concrete. Sure enough, pulled off the road was that TA with its hood up; people looking at the engine; and smoke still wafting up. My assessment was “Well, I guess they were rushing to the Pontiac service department.”

I think the HHO story is very well written and quite funny. You don’t actually think @flipflop is serious, do you? I don’t.

On a downhill interstate, a garbage truck flew past me, maybe doing 85mph. When he was about 1000’ ahead, I saw a puff of smoke and the truck started weaving side-to-side, then it laid on its right side and disappeared in a cloud of dust. When I got to it, the truck had made some great skid grooves in the pavement and the driver was climbing up out the driver’s side door. I could imagine him telling his boss, “Not my fault; I had a flat.”

I think he was.
And it gave us a chance to debunk a common car scam. I can live with that.

@flipflop, the people around this forum are astute enough that no one is going to buy into that peanut butter jar story.

Asemaster’s story about the Nova with the missing hood reminded me of the farm kid back in the 70s who showed up at the local drag strip one weekend with a '64 Nova and no hood. The car had the inline 6 in it and this guy had made a series of intake manifolds for it with a single one-barrel carb for each cylinder. The carb setup and linkage was a masterpiece to behold; especially when it was all moving. The assumption was that this car was going to smoke everyone. Not.

The thing was bucking and backfiring as he staggered to the line with it. The guy ripped off a blazing 45 second quarter mile time and it took him about 15 minutes to make it back down the return road alternating between shooting flames out the exhaust and all 6 carbs. The crowd was pretty brutal on him with the laughter and comments…

As to that guy sitting on the fender while rolling down the freeway; he must be insane or dumber than a box of hammers. Wow.

That was @flipflog one and only post. I still say troll.

Here’s one I heard when I was working in a logging camp about four fifths of the way up Vancouver Island some thirty five years ago.

It was a weekend in the seventies and some of the boys were bored and decided they would take an old mid sixties gun boat that was on its last legs (I think it was a Parisienne or Bonneville) out for an off-road spin on one of the many tortuous logging roads that criss-crossed the area. Of course they brought an ample supply of beer and a couple of shot guns to dispense with the empties. So after traveling quite some distance into the forest the car died and, being considerably into their cups, it was decided the sensible thing to do was to just shoot the hell out of it for leaving them stranded. After removing all the glass, flattening the tires and thoroughly ventilating the old relic they started the not inconsiderable trek back to camp. Before long they came upon the gas tank which had torn off on a stump. Some powers of deduction remained and it was decided to haul the tank back to the blasted hulk and see if they couldn’t get it running by pouring gas directly into the still intact carburetor. The tank was lifted up on the roof and they either siphoned or dipped and poured to get the car running. I don’t know how they managed not to burn or blow themselves up in the process but they managed to make it back before dark on the rims and as conquering heroes were toasted with even more copious amounts of beer.

The guys in this camp were some of the craziest, hardest working, hardest drinking types I have ever known. I distinctly remember the first night in camp (a Monday) when the guys in my bunkhouse were having a contest to see how fast they could drink a bottle of beer while hanging upside down from a bar in the ceiling…nobody even came close to missing work the next day.

SMB put it well, giving anyone interested an opportunity to debunk the story. Still, it hit so many of the HHO hot buttons that I still think it was a joke. Well, earnest or not the post was a joke.

We’ll never know.

It is true that we will never know.
However, when somebody is a one post wonder, it certainly looks like somebody who registered just for the intent of posting spam.

IF that person returns to the forum and posts on other topics without mentioning HHO, then we will have a better indication of his/her seriousness of purpose.

My own “wild car story” involves driving on the freeway a little ways behind a large truck loaded with coiled sheet metal which metal fabricating companies use to make their various products.

On of the 3 foot diameter rolls worked itself loose and dropped off the truck, the strapping broke and it uncoiled like a giant roll of toilet paper on the 4 lane part of the freeway. I was far enough behind to be able to steer around the coiled mess, but other motorists were not so lucky. It caused a massive jam but luckily no one was injured, just a lot of banged up and scraped up cars.