As some of you know I Leased a Prius, I love the car, best car I ever owned. So many people have so much hate for them and I believe it elicits the strongest emotional response to any vehicle ever made. I find this amusing, and actually a bit sad how shallow people are.
Do I fit the “mold” of a Prius driver, Yes and no.
The no category-
- I drive my Prius to the shooting range, there is plenty of room to haul my Guns, the money I save on fuel I can use to buy more bullets.
- I am not a liberal or a democrat, I am not necessarily a republican either. No Obama 2012 sticker on my prius. But I do believe that you should have the right to support whoever you want, and I will not argue with a persons choice.
- I am a redneck to a point.
- I have hauled a chainsaw with a 4 foot bar in my prius.
- I have hauled lumber in my prius.
- I don’t drink my coffee in a cup with the paper thing around it.
The yes Catagory-
- I drive “slow” meaning slightly above the speed limit,
- I coast to stoplights if they are red
- I don’t floor my car to race to the next redlight
The thing is I drive the same way in My pickup, Prius, Caprice, or the 30,000lbs truck I drive at work. I do the same things. Nothing about the Prius has changed me. If you want to drive a 10mpg Pickup, good for you, I have done it. Why does everyone get angry about the Prius, I have always enjoyed aggravating people and the prius does that just by looking at it.
I have a story, there is a truck here in the county, its a chevy diesel, jacked up, semi truck tires and rims, blows black smoke all of the time, A billy bad ass special as I call it, well one day this goober makes a point to smoke me out the whole time I was driving behind him, i could tell he was doing on purpose because he come flying past me in the left lane then cut me off slammed on his brakes, gave me the finger and and starts smoking me out because I was in the prius presumably. So he got me, tee hee tee hee… funny guy.
Well fast foward almost 7 months later, The same truck was on the highway broke down, I happened to be driving my pickup that day, so I stopped and asked him if he needed help getting it off the road, He said “I sure do Brother”. He indicated his cellphone was out of minutes and he needed to call someone as well.
I said ok, one question, Are you the only one who ever drives this truck? He responds “Oh yeah, no one drives my truck, not even my girlfirend”. I told him about what he did to me previously in my prius and asked him if he still had a problem with me. He told me no and acted surprised so I told him to go suck an egg and gave him the finger as I got in my pickup and drove away.
Not the nicest thing to do, But I was in one of my moods that day. He wasn’t so tough face to face…