Why Do People Use Break Instead of Brake?

How is that not an attack on liberalism?

How does YOUR foot taste?

You know something?

I have a lot of respect for you, but quite often it’s not enjoyable talking with you. You strike me as the kind of person who must not only win all conversations and debates, but must leave his “opposition” crushed and humiliated

If you think I’m crushed and humiliated . . . well you’re entitled to your opinion

I have done nothing to attack you personally

I merely pointed out some tendencies of yours

If you like, you can be the designated lord of this conversation, because I no longer want a part of it. It’s simply not enjoyable

@cdaquila

Here you go

I just brought it back to cars

Let the other guys carry on, don’t end it just yet, certainly not on account of me. See how big-hearted I am. I’m actually thinking of other people, not just me :clap:

But it’ll be without me

I’m moving on to other discussions on this website :smiley_cat:

Good. I hate personal attacks and pxxxxxg contests. I prefer to stay focused on the subjects of the posts.

Now, to the subject. Unfortunately, people chronically confusing “break” with “brake” is a symptom of a larger and more pervasive problem that has perplexed and dismayed me since I went to work 21 years ago at the college. I wish I could say I thought we were on the way to improving the education in our primary and secondary public schools, but I’m sad to say I haven’t seen any signs that we are. I fear for my grandchildren.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. C’mon now.

2 Likes