Who likes which? or neither

I think he’s going to have to wait until he finishes his math homework before he runs out and buys one. (-;

Neither! I promise you that you will regret investing in a GM product. GM is at the beginning stages of a crisis because of retirement benefits and other labor issues. Yes, they have been in this situation for years, but GM will have to effectively address resolving these problems - they haven’t yet and when they do the cost (In many ways) will be passed on to the consumer. They just keep putting it off. Have you ever heard the old saying “Never buy a car that was manufactured on a Monday because the workers were hung over from the weekend?” Well, the workers are hung over from the labor disputes. I have a 2000 Bravada (The cadillac of GMC Jimmy) and I regret investing in it every time I look at it. I have 225,000 on an Explorer, and almost 100,000 on the Bravada. The Bravada has been in the shop (Literally) 3 times as much as the Explorer.
I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the quality you would find in Eddie Bauer edition Expedition, Excursion, etc. I have actually looked at the Lincoln Navigator and have been very surprised. The navigator will do everything but wash dishes.
Do yourself a favor, don’t follow the popularity in this case. Consumer Report is a good, unbiased source for insight into Autos.

I think the OP is still in history class, but I’m sure he’ll get back to you ASAP.

Craig–I was actually beginning to think along the same lines, and you helped me to confirm this possibility.

they’re all the same,fuel pump eating,rotor wearing,axle seal leaking,transfer case leaking,head light sw burning.ect ect ect. buy a 1978 toyota FJ cruiser.rust and all.and you’ll have reliability.

Huh… I didn’t actually know they still made Land Cruisers! I don’t think I’ve ever seen one newer than the late-80’s. You learn something every day.

They are still sold where real off-road ability is needed. When Lexus went on the SUV bandwagon, their initial offering was a warmed over Land Cruiser. Since Americans care little about real of-road capbilities, Toyoya and other now concentrate on luxury, gadgets and styling to sell their SUVs.

The 4Runner is also still very popular in Africa, South-East Asia, the Middle East and Australia.

Overseas, the Land Cruiser, like the Land Rover comes in various executions, from almost military stark to very posh, like the one I had in Algeria.

Personally, I wouldn’t want any of them. Maybe if I had some specific purpose like land survey work or something, then maybe I’d go for the Suburban because you probably get the most bang for the buck there. Of course, I don’t like any GM very much, and for a personal vehicle I don’t want any SUV of any brand.

Back in the 1970s when I was young and dumb I convinced myself I needed a Dodge Ram Charger (a sort of proto-SUV of its time) but I got over that after owning it for a couple of years. There is nothing appealing in that class of vehicle for me.

She wouldn’t read what I write here. Good thing, because I tell her to spend more of HER money.