Which Is The Better Car to Lease?.......Honda Fix or Honda Civic

Hello all…I’d like your feedback on whether to lease a 2013 Honda Fit or a 2013 Honda Civic…I would prefer the Fit…but the sales person is trying to talk me into the Civic…

Also, any feedback on leasing…I’ve never done it before…

Thank you all!!

I am of the buy it pay for 4 years and drive it for 10. Then 6 years for repairs as a monthly cost. I do enjoy that strategy, 2 2003 still going strong with no major expenses. Either one will not matter if you stay within the mileage guidelines, but then you have no years without a car payment sounds like a plus 2 me.

Unless you have a business or a very very good reason to lease, I would buy instead. Leasing is just a longer term rental and you build no equity. You have limited miles you can drive without a penalty mileage charge and you have all of the responsibilities to pay for any damage, excessive wear, or non covered repairs, and no control over the car for the term of the lease. You are stuck. Individuals looking at leases are generally dazzeled by the lower monthly cost which is exactly how not to look at a car deal.

I think the Civic would have a better resale value though and be more comfortable over the long run.

I think you should get the car you like best and that best suits your needs. The Fit is a great city car and holds a lot of cargo. But it has a noisy highway ride; not a good car fo a long trip. A Civic is a good balance between comfort, economy and easy driving.

Leasing is always more expensive that buying a car and keeping it a long time. I own a business and can deduct leasing costs, and even for me it does not make economic sense. Others posters here will agree.

If your employer wants you to drive a new car every 2 or 3 years, and he pays you a fixed monthly allowance, such as $400 per month, leasing makes sense.

Another instance where leasing makes sense is if you will be going overseas in two years for a long stint. Leasing for two year is less hassle than owning.

As far as the salesman is concerned, ignore him (he’s steering to the car with the higher commission) and talk to someone who will actually listen to you. If he persists tell his BOSS he’s harrassing you.

There are many other good cars out ther such as a Mazda3, Hyundai Elantra, Toyota Corolla; all reallly good compacts. You might want to drive some of those.

If you like the Fit, who cares what the salesman says? Not his car. I like the Fit too, very versatile.

bump

First of all, I don’t think leasing makes sense. However, whether you lease or purchase, get the car that suits you. You may want to go to a different dealer or request a different salesperson.
Back in 1989 my parents were in the market for a car. They had had good experience with Buicks and were interested in a Buick Century. However, the salesman at the Buick dealer kept pushing the smaller Buick Skylark and didn’t want to discuss the Century. My parents road tested the Skylark and decided that it wasn’t the car they could live with. Instead, they went down the street and bought a Mercury Sable. This was the first Ford product they had ever owned and the last car that they ever owned.
As Texases points out, it’s not the salesman’s car.
Sales people often push what isn’t selling. I trusted clothing salespeople and before I got married, everything I wore was searsucker–clothing Sears Roebuck sold to a sucker. Mrs. Triedaq changed that.