Which GM Brand will get the Saturn Vue Plug-in?

Perhaps we could help GM decide.

Wild guess: Chevy.

My reasons: Chevy is already doing the Volt, and that’d be the best division to support what is likely to be a “loss-leader”. A “loss leader” is a product designed to draw in business or a market segment while accepting the fact that it may not by itself be profitable.

How about Oldsmobile?

;-))

It’ll probably follow Olds straight into the grave anyway, so why not?

That would suit me!

Call it the Cadillac Escapade. I can imagine the Saturn Ranch in Texas. The only difference between that and the Cadillac Ranch is that the vehicles will be buried about seventeen feet deeper.

“My reasons: Chevy is already doing the Volt, and that’d be the best division to support what is likely to be a “loss-leader”. A “loss leader” is a product designed to draw in business or a market segment while accepting the fact that it may not by itself be profitable.”

It might not lose money if the CAFE fee structure becomes law. Volt buyers are supposed to get an $8000 rebate (not tax deduction) for buying one. If the Vue gets a few thousand rebate, it could sell very well. And the truck is sold in Europe, Mexico (Chevy) and Australia. It’s built in Mexico. Since it’s a Chevy in Mexico, it makes sense for it to be a Chevy in the USA if GM imports it. It is close to the Equinox and may not fit into their plans, though.

Just read a description of the of plug in Vue hybrid. Unless the specs are outdated or I have the wrong article, it’s suppose to go as much as 10 miles on electric only. Wow !!! I hope no one gets it. It’s a step backwards. Why bother plugging it in ?

The Saturn Vue will die a quiet death like all other Saturn models. The Vue was a duplicate line. Just listened to a major dealer who sold all GM brands, and he can’t wait for the “simplified” product line with no Saturn, no SAAB, no Ponitiac models to swell his inventory.