Which gas is best?

For my 2001 Audi TT I use 91 octane.

Is there any truth to believing different gas brands, however, will contribute much more to gummy electro-mechanical parts or have other adverse effects?

Do you use Top Tier gas?

https://www.toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

Tester

What if I don’t?

Then add a fuel system/injector cleaner to the gas on occasion.

Tester

Poor fuel is such a rare thing that it is not even worth worrying about . Some brands have all the additives that Top Tier has but they just don’t want to pay the fee for saying so.

And if this was not purchased new by you it has probably has had all kinds of fuel in it .

1 Like

That’s the answer I wanted. Because its way inconvenient to find other than CVS, which is at the end of my street. Will improved gas or the cleaner affect the Throttle body ?

I used to buy mid grade top tier gas, last two years regular 87 octane. I was under a superstition if I treated my car better, might have worked, but both cars now are happy on a diet of 87 octane.

CVS Pharmacy has fuel pumps ?

LOl no. 7 Eleven. (No prescription needed).

Then withdraw your question, use whatever, and take your chances.

Do Audis Require Premium Gas? - Car and Driver

" Audi , for one, helped establish the Top Tier Gasoline standard for premium fuels, which require a higher percentage of additive detergents than what the EPA requires."

Sorry, but you asked the question and got the answer, that is Top Tier gasoline (that meets the recommended/required octane rating). When life throws you a wake-up call, answer it!
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

I’m sure there are a lot of gas stations where you drive. Look at the Top Tier website and see what brands are Top Tier. They are not always the most expensive gasoline’s, either. @VDCdriver will be here soon to tell you all about that.

https://toptiergas.com/

I couldn’t find the 2001 Audi TT Owner’s Manual, but I did find one for the 2009 Audi TT. In two places, it recommends the use of TOP TIER gasoline. Here’s one of those places.

Fuel supply
Using the right fuel helps keep the environment clean and prevents engine damage.

Fuel recommendation
The fuel recommended for your vehicle is unleaded premium grade gasoline . Audi recommends using TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline with a minimum octane rating of 91 AKI (95 RON). For more information on TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline, please go to the official website (www.toptiergas .com).

The recommended gasoline octane rating for your engine can also be found on a label located on the inside of the fuel filler flap. This rating may be specified as AKI or RON.

1 Like

Again, I use 91. But I’ll hunt for a better gas. I sincerely appreciate all your time. Thanx!

I buy my Top Tier gas cheaper than any old gas at all other stations here on the Florida Sun Coast.

How? I always fill-up at my local COSTCO (membership card required).

CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

Well, as I drive only 5,000 mi yearly the extra cost, if any, wont bother me. Incidentally, I’ve owned several club memberships including costco and absolutely Never have I used them. I’m not their demographic for bulk buying.

Although, all my wine is bought at costco. In several states incl Ca you may buy alcohol, only, at a club store without a membership.

Did you ever put the Catalytic Convertor back on this vehicle or are you still polluting the air that we breath ?

Still polluting. But I’m happy with my Net contribution to the environment.