Which car shall I purchase? Last toy car, I promise to grow up and stop purchasing goofy cars

One thing. There is a reason why it’s good to get a small great little car like a Miata in a bright, easy to see color. They are small. So, it is not a bad idea to consider a bright color in one of these cars. Personally, I would prefer a Mustang. As sporty cars go, it’s infinitely more practical as a daily driver then a Miata. Plus, you can actually take a friend and luggage and golf clubs and drive a long distance in one . And, I would not feel less safe getting one in silver instead of red. It’s much bigger.

I know several people who drive Miatas as their only cars. If you don’t need a back seat, they’re practical enough. The trunk is big enough for weekend bags for two, or one person’s luggage for a longer trip. It’s no family car, but for a single person or couple (not too tall) it’s practical enough. The ride isn’t too punishing and it isn’t as loud as many sporty cars. With the folding hardtop it even becomes practical for parking on city streets.

Why not get a newer Mustang?

The mustang is not a toy. The miata certainly is. It’s your choice. A new car is nice though.

Gas mileage was so bad on the S2000, that the original owner had to pay the gas guzzler tax. Annual gas costs will be equivalent to the Corvette.

A Mustang in silver? Nawwwww…
the redder the better.

I see the 2015 has a turbo 4 motor option. That is kinda like a toy motor.

? A ‘toy motor’? It’s powerful and efficient. No toy.

A “toy” motor is anything in a Toyota, especially a truck. I’ve seen several pickups with the letters “TOY” highlighted with paint while the “OTA” is painted the same color as the body.

Since almost no Toyotas have turbos I don’t think that’s what @Cavell meant.

I was just having a little fun and not really responding to any post in particular.

Another vote for the Miata. I had a chance to drive my son’s white convertible for a week this summer while my car was getting warranty work done. It was the most fun I’d had on four wheels in quite a while. His is a 5 speed. The shifter had a really nice feel to it. It felt as crisp and solid as a bolt action rifle bolt. Handles great. Mazda hit a grand slam home run with this car as far as I’m concerned. I’m proud to say that while I had the car, it didn’t move ONE INCH with the top up. :slight_smile: