Where to find replacement firewall covering material?

I removed the carpet with moldy padding underneath it, but behind the foot pedals and glove compartment is a thick black plastic-like covering with the same sort of carpet-padding beneath it. I would like to get it out and replace it. Does anyone know what the material is or what would make a good replacement that will deaden sound, protect from heat, and not mold?


89 Honda Accord LXi

At a parts store usually or JC Whitney catalog.

There’s a product called Dynamat used as a vibration damper in stereo installations. That might work.

Look in Hemmings ( the antique car mag ) There are many floor and firewall universal coverings that can be cut to fit.

The suggestions given are good. You could also find a local upholstery shop and inquire there.