Where is the Cruise Control fuse on a 2017 Spark

He was too busy being self righteous and insulting.

FYI, Problem identified.

At today’s service at the dealership. The problem was identified.

1. SERVICE ADVISOR: Upon arrival the service adviser was first to examine the problem. In a previous discussion one tech revealed that the Cruise Control function was integrated into multiple unspecified number of the cars subsystems. These subsystems each plays a role in the operation of the CC. There are several fuses for these system could play a role in the failure of the CC. The adviser wisely took the car for a test drive. He came back and reported that he could hear the CC trying unsuccessfully to engage. It was his impression that the CC was already on when I arrived. After performing a search for the CC power switch, he could only find one switch on the car that could be a candidate switch. That was the two position dual rocker/thumb wheel switch on the dashboard. This switch is a SPDT single pole double throw (normally open momentary closed / neutral center / normally open momentary closed) type. He thought that this dual circuit switch was being shared by two of the cars system. This was especially expected as the panel had no labeling and the switch had one single symbol of a speedometer imprinted on it.
  2. SERVICE TECH #1: He was brought in at the request of the service adviser. He admitted to not knowing about this system and had no ideas after his search.
  3. SERVICE TECH #2: He appeared after Tech #1. His answer was identical to TECH #1.
  4. NEW CAR SALESMAN: The salesman appeared, and the ADVISOR questioned him about the CC system. He looked and stated that he had no idea were the switch was and knew of no reason the CC would not work.
  5. SERVICE TECH # 3: This TECH turned out actually had real knowledge about the system. He stated to everyone’s surprise that the car did not have CC after all. He explained to us that the steering wheel column stick push button was misleadingly labeled. It was labeled “Set” and “Reset” the same terminology written in the CC section manual.

To say the least the Salesman was embarrassed by being deceived by the lack of correct documentation and being mislead. I’m sure the Service Dept was not happy about this and will have a few choice words about what strongly appears to be a reckless attitude by GM. The salesman stated that he would be pursuing this matter and would be contacting me in about a remedy in a couple of weeks.

So it turns out the dealership is more capable of making a professional, courteous handling of the situation. The score is dealership 10, cartalk forum members 0. Your history.

And yet we were the ones to tell you it didn’t have CC…fuzzy math?

;-]

You got a fast correct answer from us for free. If that doesn’t make you happy, I’m glad you’re not returning. We’ll spend our time helping those who are appreciative.

In fairness:

1. this forum is not a professional/paid support service, more of “ask humbly, be nice, get your advice”, so comparison to paid/professional dealer techs is not exactly correct
  2. it was quite rightfully identified in the thread that the vehicle did not have CC
  3. old good “RTFM!” solution was really the one which would help the fastest

It’s not like it’s a secret (from the GM web site):

However, if the dealer sold you the car on the basis is had CC, you have a case to return it for a refund.

1 Like

It appears that it took you 2 trips to the dealership and at least 6 people there to come to a conclusion about your complaint. How do you feel about being treated so poorly? All any one of those people had to do was glance in through the window and say “Mr. Smith, this car is not equipped with cruise control.” Instead you were subjected to time-wasting and a run around and told to expect news about a “remedy” in a couple of weeks. I can’t imagine what that remedy may be, you bought the car without cruise and the window sticker probably states that.

You’re not alone in being mistreated by a sales staff simply trying to move inventory. We purchased a new car last month, and we were treated so poorly by the sales staff at the local dealer we made our purchase elsewhere. One sales rep missed our test drive appointment by 2 hours, another couldn’t tell us which model car we were riding in, a third couldn’t demonstrate to us how the built-in wifi worked.

And the kicker…my wife had a specific set of deal-breakers, one was that she will not drive a car with a black interior. A few days after our first visit the sales rep called my wife and said they had a car come in that was what she was looking for. When she came to look he showed her a car with a black interior. When she asked why he had her come to look at a car she didn’t want he answered “The only color that matters is the green in your wallet.”

1 Like

And people wonder why car salesmen have the reputation they do…

So, let’s see if I can summarize the situation at hand…
The OP bought a car without having actual knowledge of how that car was equipped, then he spent several hours wasting the time of both the technicians at the dealership and the nice folks in this forum, and he thinks that everyone treated him shabbily.
Is that an accurate summary?
:thinking:

2 Likes

Yes. I really hate this 10 character nonsense .

We got sucked in just like he did. However, we figured out quickly that 1. our base model was not fitted with cruise and 2. the steering wheel did not have the buttons required.

Karl

1 Like

deleted by poster.

I don’t think you can claim you were sucked in. You had the opportunity for a test drive and ask questions before purchase.

I do.
If the controls are there but the systems not installed, I believe the OP got sucked in. A customer cannot and should not be expected to test every switch and system to be sure it’s operational. If cruise controls are there, they should be expected to engage cruise control.

If not, than at exactly what point is the seller supposed to be held responsible? Fake gages? Fake seat adjustments? Fake domelights?

Oops, Mountain Bike! We could see the controls were NOT on the steering wheel therefore, there was no way to either arm or activate cruise.

That is true, but if the sales brochure for these cars is typical of every other modern sales brochure, then it lists the standard equipment for each trim line of that model.

I haven’t seen the brochure for the Spark, but I would be very surprised if it didn’t include a listing of the standard equipment for the trim line that the OP purchased, and if something isn’t listed as standard equipment, then it clearly won’t be operational on the car.

I tend to think that this is a case of a purchaser who failed to thoroughly analyze the information in the sales brochure.

You are right! We got sucked in by the owner’s manual after we got the car! Dint read sales brochure!

Karl

1 Like

My understanding of the OP’s car is that there were controls for a cruise control but no system. If the controls did not exist in the car, than I clearly misunderstood.

If my understanding is correct, than it matters not what the literature says. If there’s no CC system, there should not be controls there to suggest that there is. If the brochure says it offers one thing and the car’s switches and buttons display something else, it’s the car itself that rules reality. Not the brochure.

NOTE: 've gone back over the thread and found it confusing. If my aforementioned understanding is accurate, I stand by my statement. If it isn’t, than I clearly misunderstood.

The controls did not exist in OP’s car.

Looking at the Chevrolet Spark web site it clearly shows the LS (base model) not having cruise controls on the steering wheel and it shows the LT1 with them.