When to replace timing belt on a 1999 Honda CRV

I have a 1999 Honda CRV with 166,000 miles on it. The timing belt, along with water filter and all other belts was replaced at 105,000 miles in 2006, which is what the owners manual says to do. I can’t find anything on how frequently after that it should be replaced after this interval. I’ve heard 7 years, 60,000 miles, 100,000 miles. Thoughts?

Go to the GATES website . . . they sell most of the timing belts these days and have a good replacement guide listing. Rocketman

The replacement interval is the same as the first one, 105K miles. So it’s due again at around 210K miles or 7 years from whenever the first belt was changed, whichever comes first…

Agree; just continue the original maintenance schedule, and in 2013 or at 210,000 miles you are due for another one. At that time I would also replace the water pump and the tensioner. You can buy the whole set as a kit.

Agreed, continue with a similar interval…though I was thinking it was 90k. I’ve done my twice, first around 100k and second at 185k (had to replace cylinder head and also did water pump this time) – currently I’m at 226k! FYI, be sure to get the valves adjusted every 30k or so to prevent a burned valve which is what caused me to change out the head!