When is a NEW vehicle OLD?

I had a salesman try to pawn off a 2009 Cx-7 as a new vehicle back in 2010. The car had over 19 THOUSAND miles on it, and the salesman told me it was a dealer demo car and could be titled as a new vehicle. Needless to say, that was the last time I talked to anyone from THAT dealership

There was a time in my life when I tried hard to buy a new car. The salesmen worked hard to stop me.

In the 70’s, I was in the market for another car. I looked at last year’s Dodge Dart, (?) with the new models on the lot. I told the salesperson to give me the best price. They said, oh, wow, the manager says we can give you $100 off sticker price. Um, with the new models on the lot?

I went out and bought a used car from a friend. Several days later, the idiots called me offering $250 off sticker. If they had made that offer in the first place, I’d have taken it.

Another time I went to look at a VW, probably Beetle days. The salesman was chatting and made a sarcastic remark about people who claimed to have enough money for a Porsche but were buying a VW. Implied they must be lying.

Well, I happened to have enough money in the bank for a Porsche, but that money was mostly staying in the bank. This was a personal insult to me, and I left without buying the Beetle.

In 1988, a Chevrolet dealer 15 miles out in the country offered best prices. I went out and looked at the Toyota/Nova. I told him, give me your price, this is your only shot at me. He didn’t shoot very well. I drove back to the city and got if for hundreds of dollars less, my first new car in the 20 years I had been trying to buy one. A few days later, the country bumpkin called back with a much better offer. I think these guys are smart-alecks who don’t believe us when we tell them they get one chance at us. They are guaranteed to lose the sale if they play that game with me.

That Nova went nearly 250,000 mies, and was junked only because my son couldn’t get new parts for it. Every 15 months the carburetor went out and a rebuilt one cost hundreds of dollars. At 200,000 miles he had the motor rebuilt, and the builder put in a rebuilt water pump which went out at 50,000 miles. That was the last straw, not only for that car, but for rebuilt parts. Now, the minute we can’t get new parts, the car is gone.

I dont really like to buy a vehicle that has the heck run out of it ,by a sales person-Kevin

To answer the original question, when is a new car old? When you get that first door ding :frowning: