When did State Farm change this?

Oh Mike, I think I said the premiums did not cover the losses, not total income. And we were talking auto insurance, not property. At any rate the audited statement for auto is:
Underwriting Gain or (Loss) ($4,206) million
With investment and other income it was $2137 million. But thats like spending more than you earn but feeling ok because you made some on interest from the bank. Just saying the premiums collected didn’t pay for the losses.

I was wrong on the 40%. I had added in educators. Its only 28% as reported by the Los Angeles Times and reprinted by Powerline. Yeah they’re a little biased and liked them and hated them through the years but they are pretty capable legal folks.

I know what you said Bing. All in saying is I wouldn’t feel anything for the loss in that part of their business since their business as a whole made $1.9B. Insurance companies always have up years and down years…depending on natural disasters. They’d probably have lost more if they paid out the money they seem to be refusing to pay the hurricane Sandy victims.

I take those type of stats with a grain of salt. They are at best just educated guesses. Plus the FACT the article didn’t address was the large number of college students (most without jobs) who support the bern.

I never drive a car with a cracked windshield. It has less to do with compromised vision and more to do with compromised safety. The windshield in most modern vehicles is a stressed, structural component (one reason why those little cracks eventually grow very large). Everything from airbag deployment, crash force absorption, and other safety factors are based on the windshield being intact (uncracked) at time of impact. Just like tires and brakes, this is not an area where you want to be negligent.

Another thing to be aware of is that older cars have relatively inexpensive windshields but newer cars often have complex windshields with specific technical requirements based on rain sensors, cruise controls, and emergency braking sensors, to name a few. This can drive up costs significantly. I recently had a windshield replaced, under insurance, that would have cost over $400. The shop advised that some windshields cost over $600 on modern vehicles. The days of dropping in a simple piece of cheap glass are coming to an end.

Lastly, on a political note, so many unemployed folks support Bernie because they want jobs and they want those jobs to pay real money. He is the only candidate that gives them hope. They don’t support him so they can stay home. Why do you think the young folks overwhelmingly support him? They want to work and make a living!!! Whether you like Bernie and his politics or not, he is speaking the language that the young folks and the hopelessly un and underemployed understand.