When a person gets a dui does it indicates they are likely to be irresponsible in the future?

The Bac limit should be .04 for everybody IMHO

There is no reason to get behind the wheel after drinking IMHO. Don’t HAVE to drink folks. You can live without your alkihol.

Last time I was in a bar it involved a pool stick getting broken on me all because I accidentally slighted someone by bumping into them. I didn’t even want to be there but I was dragged along, Nowadays that wont happen, if i don’t want to do something, im not going to do it. period.

France recently lowered their DUI Limit to .05 and I find it funny so many people in The United States want us to be more like France, except when it interferes with their boozing and driving “rights”. Cant have it both ways folks. cant have it both ways. , France is progressive, France is progressive… You want to save the environment but you still want to booze it up and drive… cant have it both ways folks.

Responsibility folks. Cant be environmentally responsible and then hop behind the wheel boozed up folks, it cancels each other out.

YEP! Just like a credit score, that factors into insurance rates you know. Past history tends to forecast future behavior. Period. This has been proven time and time again.

This parable has rang true many times in my life. I could rewrite it to the title of “The Drunk driving offender and the Judge” But I don’t have the time right now. Just picture the 2 time DUI offender who tells the Judge, sorry, it wont happen again…

Girl and the Snake

A young girl walking along a mountain path to her grandmother’s house heard a rustle at her feet. Looking down, she saw a snake, but before she could react, the snake spoke to her.

“I am about to die,” he said. “It’s too cold for me up here, and I am freezing. There is no food in these mountains, and I am starving. Please put me under your coat and take me with you.”

“No,” the girl replied. “I know your kind. You are a rattlesnake. And if I pick you up, you will bite me and your bite is poisonous.”

“No, no,” the snake said. “If you help me, you will be my best friend. I will treat you differently.”

The young girl sat down on a rock for a moment to rest and think things over. She looked at the beautiful markings on the snake and she had to admit he was the most beautiful snake she had ever seen.

Suddenly, she said, “I believe you. I will save you. All living things deserve to be treated with kindness.”

She then reached over, put the snake gently under her coat and continued toward her grandmother’s house.

Within a moment, she felt a sharp pain in her side. The snake had bitten her!

“How could you do this to me?” she cried. “You promised that you would not bite me, and I trusted you!”

“You knew what I was when you picked me up,” he hissed as he slithered away.

Well then we can say the same about murder. Chimps have murdered other Chimps in the wild, and so have humans. Its human nature to have violent impulses. We have laws, punishment and expectations for behavior. These things mostly keep human behavior in check.

We have to have laws and punishment if we want to live in a civilized society. If we all just ran around willy nilly doing whatever we wanted society would fall apart in a week.

Totally agree

Maybe they’re just making extremely bad decisions, without thinking about it. Maybe they’re actual alcoholics, and I believe alcoholism is considered a disease. In other words, maybe they need help, as in counseling, aa, intervention, etc. Like I said, I believe you’re overanalyzing people’s thought processes. You can’t know what they’re thinking, afaik

Just because I admitted to driving drunk MANY times in the past, doesn’t mean that I’m an apologist for drunk drivers. What I did was very wrong, and utterly inexcusable. I NEVER said drunk driving was acceptable

Please stop trying to put words in my mouth or tell ME what my standpoint is.

I’ve always respected your viewpoints and what you say, even though I’ve strongly disagreed with you in the past

That said . . . you’re REALLY pushing it. If you were my true friend, as opposed to some guy on the internet, right about now I’d be seriously considering crossing you off the list.

I don’t know what’s up with you lately, but it seems to me that perhaps you’re venting, and by doing so you’re talking smack about people who’ve done you no wrong, and don’t deserve your anger, not in any way

Because I think you may be going through some kind of crisis at the moment . . . emotional, financial, etc. I have no idea, nor do I really want to know . . . I’ll cut you some slack and will not condemn you. You, on the other hand, seem to be intent on condemning many of us.

@cdaquila I don’t know if you’ve been monitoring Rick’s conversations lately, but at the risk of sounding like a rat, I believe he may need a refresher course, as to how to acceptably interact with us. I’ve had enemies treat me with more respect than Rick :smiley:

As for the other regulars reading this, condemn me all you like, if you feel that I crossed a line by calling this to carolyn’s attention. I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of being talked down to by Rick. I feel I deserve better

4 Likes

Been a heck of a week, 2 guys killed for stepping up for a lady in portland, outburst, says victim is to blame
Published June 07, 2017 Fox News
June 7, 2017: Jeremy Christian claimed in a courtroom Wednesday that one of the victims is to blame for a deadly stabbing attack in Portland, Ore.

The man accused of killing two men and injuring a third on a Portland train shouted that the survivor was to blame
Get real. Stop the phobias. Jail the ignoramus.

I hope Jeremy Christian gets the death penalty

Hopefully some smart alec lawyer won’t “prove” he’s mentally unstable, and get him some lesser sentence

Look, im sorry i come off so strongly. Im sure you are a good person, you made mistakes in the past and admitted it and changed your behavior. I find no fault with that. We all have done things in the past that were not always the best choices.

All we can do is to do better in the future.

I am very passionate about catching and punishing drunk/high drivers.

Apology accepted :slight_smile: