Whats wrong with my camry :(

Diagnostic codes aren’t specific to what the problem is, only that the computer has noticed a problem with the sensor. A clogged cat can certainly cause loss of power, esp during heavy acceleration and unusual odors from the exhaust system.

Haven’t fixed it yet but that did work, i floored it when i started and the car had power again like befor

The purge valve remains a suspect then. Good for you for doing the experiment.

Could it also be the gas pump? I pumped full gas today and he car ran like it perfectly used to😂 Felt like a ferrari again

It’s possible…you’ll know over the coming days.

“P0420 - Catalyst efficiency below threshold” - this code alone "9/10"ends up being a faulty Catalytic converter. The technician will monitor live data from
the oxygen sensors in the exhaust and determine if there is a fault in those sensors that may prevent the Catalyst from operating normal. Do you have any exhaust leaks?

“P0420” Combined with:

“P0328 - Knock sensor circuit high input” - would really have me convinced you have a faulty Catalyst. This code illuminates when your engines air/ fuel mixture is rich or lean, which causes less than satisfactory combustion and this is what the sensor picks up on.

These codes, combined with a rough start, loss of power, loss of MPG, and mileage of vehicle would really point to a faulty catalytic converter.

Side note: the 1MZ V6 i have found is actually much less common than the 3MZ V6. Interference or not, even if the timing belt skipped 1 tooth, the car would be nearly undrivable. 2 or more teeth and it wouldn’t run or turn over.

2 Likes