What's the Worst Name for a Car?

We could make up all kinds of silly stuff if we want to.

1 Like

I envision a Prelude to a Civic Accord.
Something to look forward to.

A Whippet is a racing dog, sort of a miniature greyhound. It would have been appropriate at a time when cars were trying to sell a rapid mode of transit.

An unofficial nickname in Canada ran the rounds during the '60s, when Chrysler sold Valiants which were actually a meld of the U.S. Valiant and Dodge Dart. Since the car was sold by both Dodge and Plymouth dealers, it was presented as a stand-alone model.So the cars became known as Varts. Someone proposed that Ford should buy the Valiant name and combine it with Mercuryā€™s Cometā€¦

1 Like

If we go back to the days right after WW II, Oldsmobile sold cars with hand controls for disabled veterans, and the model name was Oldsmobile Valiant.

:slight_smile:

I know that. The dogs in my post were as close as I could come to Whippets. :smile:
CSA

Tiguan and Teuareg are my least favorite modern vehicle names. I may have spelled them wrong. And I donā€™t care. VW must not either because it just killed off the second name and switched to Atlas. I was also never a fan of the Subaru B9 Tribeca. That name was also killed off and will be replaced this year.

How in the world do you pronounce that anyway? Twan, Ti-gwan, tig oh on, or what? A name that canā€™t be pronounced isnā€™t a good name.

It is like an Iguana with a T and no A at the end :slight_smile: