What to expect from Wisconsin winters?

My Scion came with RE-92s. Those tires are crap.

1 Like

Iā€™ll disagree. I have my own battery tester but after four years, Iā€™d rather spend $100 for a new battery than be sitting out of town when its 20 below with a car that wonā€™t start. Its just a matter of cost versus risk. But sometimes if you are out in the middle of nowhere, a dead battery can be a matter of life and death.

3 Likes

One of the worse things I did before when I got my first car that I still regret today was that I rely on using an all-weather tires instead of switching to winter tires because I thought it was more financially practical. Got a dent on the side of my vehicle and fender flare cracked when I lost a control with traction. Driving in snow is not as easy as I thought it would be.

It really depends on the kind of snow, whether it is a wet snow or a dry snow. Wet snow like we get in March or like the southern states get, is absolutely terrible to drive in, unless you have chains on. Six inches of wet snow with tire tracks can make it hard to steer straight, turn, brake, etc. A dry snow like we normally get during cold weather is not nearly as bad to drive in but it does tend to glaze the roads more. You have to read the weather conditions. For a wet snow you have to keep your windshield hot to keep it clear. On a dry snow, you have to keep your windshield cold. Snow is just not snow though and March weather scares me the most.