What should be included in a coolant exchange?

I let a mechanic do a coolant exchange on my 2004 F-150 (some may have caught on too the fact that I am recovering from a spinal fusion at one layer or I would have done the job myself)I paid 85.00, when the job was done and I took the car down the street to a car wash I opened up the hood and gave things a look over (I did not want to do it in front of him) no leaks but he did not clean out the recovery bottle and fill it properly. Should I complain or just do it myself and be thankful something worse did not happen?

I am the only one who has ever cleaned by coolant recovery tank. The mechanics I use do fill the coolant recovery up to about the right level during their service, though.

I’d go with the latter.

Sometimes the coolant reservoir can look dirty even after a good rinse. I wouldn’t worry about it.

I would not worry about it not getting cleaned, although it would have been nice and I would be more likely to come back, but it should have been filled to the proper level. That said, I believe the standard level is with the engine cool and it might show a different level when warmed up.