What is this metal piece hanging on my 2001 jeep cheerokee?


Just want to know what this is


Looks like a heat shield from the muffler. It is there for a reason, have it re-attached or replaced.


Or the outer layer of the muffler. Long hose clamps will probably do the trick for a while anyway.


Do you think I can drive with it for a few days until I can get to a mechanic?


No. It’s a hazard to others when it falls off. Can you wrap a piece of wire around it for now?