What is this found after work done

Thank you everyone it doesn’t seem to be doing it anymore.

Solved? George stated that it looked like a security device installed 15 years ago. Is that the conclusion? I don’t recall USB sockets being a common add-on in vehicles in 2002.

The operating problem may be solved, but the original question isn’t. We have no confirmation that the thing found is a security device. We still don’t know for sure what that thing is.

Alright then sorry you can have it whatever you wish.

My car does a similar thing after I have cleared the check engine light (difference is my engine will die when I take it out of gear and let the rpm drop a large amount, otherwise it idles fine). Since the mechanics definitely disconnected the battery for installing a new one it’s probably a similar situation. If it doesn’t clear up naturally soon, I would definitely take it in to make sure they didn’t mess anything up.

You’re probably right.
I have to disconnect my battery in the near future to clean corrosion. I’m planning to try one of those 9V “memory savers” that uses a 9V transistor radio battery. Anybody here used one? Did it work?
thQBV21MRV

Yeah I have one and they work but a couple of cautions. First you have to make sure that the outlet you use is hot all the time or it won’t feed back through the circuits. Also the batteries don’t last that long so you have to use a fresh one and hurry a little. You can though hook a 12 volt power supply to it though like a battery charger to keep it live indefinitely-at least with mine. I got the wrong outlet on the Acura but the worse that happened was lot the radio info.

I’d use two 6v lantern batteries in series. Would last a long time…

edit: I hope thee is a diode in there, else you would have 12 volts across a 9v battery, disaster!

Good input.
Yeah, I knew to check that the port was “hot”, but was unaware that the battery would drain that quickly.
Re: the two 6-volt batteries, I’ve used this to bench test things, but never as a memory saver, I think I’ll try to 9V first, rather than jury-rigging something.