What Is the Quietest Car Sold?

If you have trouble finding the Phaeton W12, get an Audi A8 W12 from the same year. They are almost identical cars mechanically.

2010 Ford Taurus

Or Grand Marquis. This is your last chance for a new one…

They make one in awd ?

No, it’s an oldfashioned body on frame, rear drive V8 car. It is quiet for that reason, but has more rumbling noises than a new Buick which is probably the quietest US built big car.

Best and quietest AWD car is the Acura TL technology. It has a noise cancelation system realy impresive ! Thrust me, I tried them all, I even carry a decibel meter with me when I test them. I do over 40k miles per year and noise is number one on my list when considering a car.

Good luck !

After driving a Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, Mini Cooper, Camry, VW Passat, VW CC, Hyundai Azera, Hyundai Sonata, BMW 300 series, Mazda 6 , Subaru Legacy, and an Altima, within one week WITH a decibel meter on my iPhone,

The quietest cars were: Ford Fusion, Altima, VW CC, BMW, Hyundai Azera, All were about the same, 80 to 83Db in the cabin. The Fusion comes in AWD.

I would say the Lexus HS250 is the quietest car I can think of in that class. I test drove one last week with my wife and she tried to start it even though it was already running. To be fair though, it is a hybrid and the gas engine shuts down when it is just sitting in one spot for a few minutes, so it was probably just on the battery. I don’t know how quiet it is at 60 MPH on the freeway, but you can definitely have a conversation without having to raise your voice in local driving.

The very quietest and most comfortable car i have owned was a 1970 Ford Thunderbird. Others, STS CADILLAC, CHRYSLER 300c… worst? BMW 330i with the sport package, and the most UNCOMFORTABLE, LOUSEST ROAD NOISE, STIFF SUSPENSION WAS THE C5 CORVETTE… GREAT LOOKING CAR, BUT HATED TO DRIVE IT. I HAVE TINITUS SO ROAD NOISE IS VERY IRRITATING. WE JUST BOUGHT a 2017 HYUNDAI SONATA. EXTREMELY QUIT AND COMFORTABLE RIDE…

Well Good Greif , not actually breaking news and this is a 7 year old thread.