What is the best/most reliabale and comfortable tow vehicle?

I tow a 22 foot I/O that easliy reaches 4500 lbs. My '03 Yukon XL has been frought with problems. What can I replace it with?

I’m sure there must be a truck magazine that compares/contrasts all the offerings.
Start at the local bookstore perhaps?

Toyota Sequoia, '08, '09, '10.

F-1/250

Sequoia or Expedition?

My vote goes for the pre-2003 Ford F-250/350 with the old 7.3L Powerstroke. They are reliable and will tow just about anything you can hitch up to it with ease.

GMC/Chevy Duramax

Toyota Tundra/Sequoia

Two choices in that order. Neither is especially comfortable…but have lots of reliable power. We have several Duramax in neighborhood for plowing and big boat towing and they are outstanding performers.

I tow a 22 foot I/O that easliy reaches 4500 lbs. My '03 Yukon XL has been frought with problems. What can I replace it with?

That’s pretty understated for that type boat with gear and trailer. Regardless, I’d make sure you get a rating near 10,000 lbs, especially if you tow frequently and many hills involved. 4wd is a plus for slippery ramps and unknown launch areas as you know. Prefer going with at least 50% higher rating than anticipated tow weight to avoid problems if you tow frequently.

I am doing well with an 02 F350 crew cab V10. Eliminates the “premium” for the diesel itself when you buy, and the extra fuel cost due to diesel pricing. If you don’t tow a lot, it is ideal. If you tow a lot, then consider diesel, but do the math based on actual expected trailer miles, not necessarily overall miles driven. My Father in law is a “snowbird” and he has done well with a 99 F250 diesel and a much heavier trailer.

Good point, the Ford V10 makes alot of sense these days, especially when buying new. The newer 6.4L diesel barely gets better mileage than the gas V10, but commands a $8k-9k price premium. With fuel prices the way they are right now you would never break even with the diesel. The 05-up 3 valve V10 is a beast. I drove one as my demo vehicle when I was selling Fords. In a F-350 supercab,short bed 4x4 with 4.30 gears and the Torqshift 5 speed auto, it was surprisingly quick. If I were in the market for a large pickup, it would likely be the Super Duty with a the V10.