What is the best car for me

If you can find a used one(07 is the year to kind of avoid), a CX-7 might fit the bill. It looks like a more expensive vehicle(one owner reported someone called it a Lexus), and should be sporty enough for that mid-life crisis vehicle. Gas mileage isn’t that good, and you need to use 91+ octane too. Just make sure you have a mechanic check it out before hand as it’s a factory turbo charged engine. The 2010 models have a more fuel friendly version in a normal 2.5L 4 cylinder engine, and I think they look a little better than the first generation(07~09)

I’m curious to what older BMW you are refering to. I have a '85 318 with 400k miles on it.I never had a major problem with the car. One wheel bearing and water pump was it. I currently own a 2000 528i purchased for $4750.I replaced the water pump and electric fan. Common problems with these cars. Maybe I’m just lucky with Bimmers,I have a '68 and owned a ‘77 320i. It was also bullet-proof. Keeping others’ advice in mind, I would recommend an Accord. Very few problems and easy to maintain, if the proper maintenance has been followed by the previous owner{timing belt} I advise people to narrow down your choices to three cars. Then call a parts store to see what the same parts cost for all these vehicles.Muffler,fuel pump,tune-up parts. Call your favorite shop and ask labor rates to perform these repairs.This will help you chose a vehicle.

A lot more. Get the Camry Solara XLE V6 and live a little. $15,000 will do the trick. Or spend a bit more. Get the lowest mileage Solara you can find in your price range. You are getting reimbursed anyway. BTW, what is the boss paying for the use of your car? It should be the going IRS rate, IMO. That’s 50 cents per mile. At 50,000 miles per year, you get $25,000 per year for care and feeding of your new car.

The Sebring is considered one of the, if not the, most unreliable car on the market right now. Compared to its competition it doesn’t bring much to the table IMO. For reliable (if unexciting ) motoring it’s hard to beat the Camry. But I can’t think of a convertible for under $10k that I would want to drive 50k miles a year.

The allowance is 450/month plus all of the gas and use of thier mechanic if I buy the parts, so it is pretty fair. I try to get the insurance covered as well, the 10k would get me a three year loan with enough extra for insurance and maintenence. I could do 15k on a five year loan and have the same payment. The Solara could easily go the 250k miles. That is good advice, thanks.

That’s 23 cents per mile before repairs, and includes oil/filter changes. It doesn’t sound that good to me. Can you negotiate a better deal? It’s worth a try. Show your salesmanship!

Totally unrelate dto the original question, but be sure to remember to itemize on your taxes the difference between you allowance and the approved “per mile” fed rate…or your actual expenses, whichever is greater. Verify with your accountant what’s legit.

Thanks, I do, even with the allowance and gas card, there is a significant tax advantage to itemize the mileage at the government rate. The advantage helps ease the burden of looking out my windshield more than at my family. Great advice, thanks.

Let us know what you decide to do. And if you have moe questions, stop back. You are welcome any time.