What has been the experience, has it stopped the tire wear problem?

We bought a new 2004 Nissan 350Z as a 2nd car and it now has 6600 miles on it. It is already exhibiting well known problems of front tire wear on the inside edge which after some time causes tire growl and eventually tires wear completely. The presumed fault is that the upper control arms have no camber adjustment and whatever is “built-in” from the fattory causes the problem. There are a couple of aftermarket upper controla rms that have camber adjustment.

Has anyone installed those?

If so, what has been the cost?

What has been the experience, has it stopped the tire wear problem?

You’ll get a lot more responses from a 350Z forum. Have you tried one?

2 Likes

So you’ve put 6600 miles on a car in 15-16 years? You should just replace the tires at this point anyway, they’re bound to be dry-rotted.

4 Likes

I presume you’ve already had the wheel alignment checked, including the toe, right? And there’s no play found in any of the suspension or steering components, bushings, ball joints, strut mounts, tie rods, wheel bearings, etc. If so, have there been any changes to the wheels, tires, or suspension parts compared to how it came off the factory floor? If so that’s where to start looking first. If you install non-stock control arms to correct what you perceive to be a camber problem it could make the car less stable and unsafe to drive.

Unless you are going to drasticly change your driving pattern with this car, it doesn’t make sense to spend money to get more wear out of your tires, they have already been on the car twice as long as they should have been.

I have seen cars with no camber adjustment aligned by simply elongating the bolt holes.

There’s a 55 page thread called Suspension 101 on MY350Z with some arms preferred over others
You might also try searching for Tire Wear on the 350Z board but this might help you or totally confuse you.

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/482664-suspension-101-a.html

Tire wear on the inside edges of the tires are not always caused by negative camber. Too much toe-out can also cause this.