What happens when you tailgate

Wonder if that would work on a guy with a jacked up truck that loved driving behind cars with his brights on, some people just like to be obnoxious I guess.

Yes it does. I do it all the time.

2 Likes

You must have a high vehicle. When He-Man gets on my bumper at 70 with his brights on, my mirror will just reflect his headlights back into the grill. No problem, though. I have a self-dimming mirror and the brighter the lights, the greater the dimming effect.

And then turn on your windshield washers.

Turn on windshield wipers — Why?

Windshield WASHERS, so the fluid will go over your car and hit the windshield of the tailgater.
Works best if the nozzle is aimed to miss your own windshield.

1 Like

A guy I used to know . . . his rear washer nozzle was broken. Every time he hit the washer, it squirted straight back, instead of onto the rear windshield

He enjoyed spraying tailgaters

1 Like

Guys, the idea of spraying a tailgater is funny, but aggressive drivers are more apt to take serious offense at any attack on their personal space. While it probably won’t lead to road rage escalation, it could.

2 Likes

It wasn’t ME that sprayed tailgaters

I’m just telling what a colleague of mine did

I picked your comment to respond to since it was the last one in thee bunch. It was a general comment and not directed at you specifically. I still think it’s funny, I have done it (not in years), and I’ve had it done to me.

The guys that did it to me must have filled their washer fluid reservoirs weekly. If you follow a driver on he highway at more than four car lengths, someone pulls in between.

When someone tailgates me I assume they are sending me a message. Usually they want me to speed up or move over to the right lane. That is fine with me, If there is no one in front of me I will increase my speed somewhat and I’m happy to shift lanes. No need to escalate a situation. My problem is when there is bumper-to-bumper traffic in all lanes and the driver won’t leave a safe distance between my vehicle and theirs. I back off from the car in front of me so if I need to brake I can do it gently and not surprise the guy behind me.

so what? that is not an excuse to tailgate. Just drop back so you have the proper clearance.

1 Like

Well, he COULD HAVE wired up a little valve that would cause a vacuum modulator “leak” to happen at the flip of a switch, letting the engine’s intake manifold suck ATF out of the transmission.
Or maybe just inject smoke oil into the exhaust manifold like the do with aerobatic airplanes when they need smoke trails.

Remember those older Beetles that – rather than a turn signal light – had a little indicator stick that popped out at the side of the car for the driver to indicate a turn? If you had one of those you could paint an annoying figure on it – say of a certain finger — to signal your disapproval of the tailgater … lol …

Not saying this is a good idea mind you :wink:

Or just see if you can still find one of these somewhere.

2 Likes