What do you drive?

I have a 2005 Toyota Tundra X-SP. I just turned 100k miles on it. I had a water pump failure around 70k and a secondary exhuast fan ($1800) replaced.
It hasn’t been perfectly reliable but I like the truck and find it to be a comfortable drive.

I bought a new 2002 Mazda Protege until it had 170k miles. It was a great until around 150k then began to have electrical and stalling issues. The thermostat failed and the engine overheated so we traded it in on a new 2014 CX-9. No problems and we love the car.

My daily driver is a 1990 Honda Elite 250 scooter. My occasional driver is a 2002 Mazda Miata.

My daughter has a 98 Toyota Tacoma with 200,000 miles and still the original clutch. The thing is solid as a rock, no rust, but that’s because it has spent its whole life in the West.

COOL!!!

Re: your daughter’s vehicle,. ince she clearly knows how to drive a clutch properly, she may never have to change hers. My “personal best” on a clutch, on a Toyota pickup, is 295,000 miles… and that was after teaching both my kids how to drive a clutch on it AND having given it to my daughter! Your daughter would not have made 200,000 miles unless she knew how to drive a clutch properly. Keep in touch. I’d love to hear that she broke my “personal best”.

I hope she drives 5000 miles per year and you live long enough to see her hit 300,000 miles!

Nice catch. In today’s world, I just might make it. :grin:

Just to clarify, @wentwest’s daughter’s truck has 200,000 miles, and if she averages 5000 miles per year, it will take 20 years to get to 300,000 miles. I hope that’s how you read it because that’s what I meant.

That’s exactly how I read it. Hopefully we’ll both get there! :rofl:

When I told her about this thread my daughter told me that it would take 20 years for the truck to get to 300,000 miles. I hope I make it in good enough shape to enjoy her achievement.

My daily driver is currently a 2002 Explorer 4.0 with 211,000 miles. It’s for sale, it’s getting worn out, and I rarely keep a daily driver for more than 3 years. I get tired driving the same thing every day and look forward to something new. Being a mechanic I often buy a car in need of repairs for little money. I bought the Explorer 3 years ago for $2200, spent $300 in parts, and have driven it for 50,000 miles with nothing but oil changes, a battery, and a set of tires last August before a road trip. Explorer

My wife’s daily driver was a 2002 Mercury Sable 3.0 DOHC with 140,000 miles until a couple of months ago. She bought a 2018 Cadillac XT5 which is now her daily driver. I’ll sell the Explorer and the Sable and buy something to drive for a couple of years, probably another mid-sized SUV.