What car is right for him?

My dad is currently the owner of a 2004 Honda accord and wants to purchase a new car. Most of the time it will be just 1 or 2 people in the car but he might want to take his coworkers or the whole family out in the car so there is need for decent leg room in the back seats. He also wants it to be slightly sporty and fun to drive (has to be a manual). I suggested the Audi A6 or a BMW 3 series. He likes the Acura TL. Anyone like these cars or want to suggest another?

Cadillac CTS-V?

Hummer H1.

Audi RS4, Mecedes Benz C63 AMG, BMW M3, Infiniti M45, and the new Jag XF could be options.

Max$$?

I dont think he wants anything over $55,000.

OK. Your requirement of a manual trans will limit choices. A BMW 335i 4-door has eye-opening performance, reasonable fuel economy, and decent back seat (hope dad’s not a real big guy). More room, you might be able to find a 535i with a manual.

Nothing wrong with the TL. Reasonably sporty, comfortable, big enough but not too big, good MPG (get 33 highway), no problems, handles well, and price is OK. Get the automatic though and you can still put it into manual shift mode and won’t make it unsellable in the end. Can’t imagine anyone driving in much traffic or with clients wanting the constant jerking of a manual shift.

Thanks, ive heard a lot about the 335i’s performance but it diddnt really come up when we were talking. Ill have him test drive one and see what he thinks.

I dont think he is worried about the selling value of the car do long as its what he wants. I think there is no question that he would like the TL im just trying to see how it compares with some other options.

Test drive a Cadillac CTS. It’s more the size of a BMW 5, but costs about the same as the 3 series.