What can you tell me about the Honda Pilot?

Anyone have one? Great? Okay? As good as other SUV’s? Better than a van? Cons?

Any thougths would be appreciated!

Any thoughts? You asked for it.

IMHO it looks like a box on wheels.

The only things I’ve heard about it is it’s reasonably good on gas and has a decent ride.

Friends of mine bought a Pilot last year, and even though I’m not a fan of SUVs, I have to admit that it is s VERY nice vehicle. It’s quiet, comfortable, rides well, holds seven people, and delivers reasonable fuel mileage. What more could you ask?

The Pilot is a fine mid-size SUV. Better than a van? Hardly. A minivan does just about everything better. An Odyssey holds more cargo, more people comfortably, gets better gas mileage. If you like the looks of a Pilot and don’t need to carry 5 or more people and their luggage, think about an SUV. If you have a crowd to ferry around, the minivan may be a better choice.

There is, of course, the question of whether you’d be seen dead in a minivan. If you’re that fatuous, get the Pilot.

Well, I have a 2003 Pilot and while it worked OK for the first three years, it’s been falling apart ever since. Just in the last calendar year, I had to replace the power steering rack ($$$$), front & rear breaks, the power door lock motor in one door (!), and just today it’s back in the shop for transmission problems 4th gear pressure switch. It’s got 86K miles on it and has had all recommended service. I wouldn’t recommend one.

What was the 4th gear pressure switch? Did your D on the dashboard start blinking? Ours has been blinking for some time, and they can’t figure out the problem.

IMHO it looks like a box on wheels.

No…that honor goes to the Sion XB.

No, the sion looks like the box that the box on wheels was delivered in. Even my kids, who don’t know one car from another, laugh their butts off every time one drives by.

No, the sion looks like the box that the box on wheels was delivered in. Even my kids, who don’t know one car from another, laugh their butts off every time one drives by.

My youngest (who also doesn’t drive) thinks they’re the BEST looking car ever made. So much for taste.

I got a hoot one day when I saw a Maroon XB drive by and following close behind was a older Maroon Ford Econoline van. It looked like the Father Van was following the Son car…

When I bought my 4runner last year I looked at the Pilot. The ONE thing I didn’t like about it was that it’s fwd switch to 4wd. I prefer a RWD for towing…more control of the rear-end.