Wet coilpacks

I HAVE A 1998 CHEVY S10 PICKUP 4 CYLINDER.

132K MILES WHENEVER IT RAINS REALLY HARD IT WON’T START. I SRAYS THE COILPACKS WITH WD40 AND IT STARTS, MY QUESTION IS WHY DO MY COILPACKS GET WET?

Coilpacks are sealed from the factory to prevent moisture from getting inside and letting the spark out. However, after 11 years of service, the factory seal is failing, and letting in moisture on humid and rainy days. The correct fix is to replace the coil pack.

THANKS!!!
I FAILED TO MENTION THAT I HAVE PURCHASED THE NEW COILPACKS BUT HAVEN’T INSTALLED THEM FEARING THE SAME THING WOULD HAPPEN
MAN, YOU GUYS ARE QUICK!!!

COP’s and water don’t mix, that’s for sure…Before I would spend $300 on a new set I would try cleaning them with MEK, something like that, and then spraying them with clear lacquer…It’s worth a try…

TOO LATE ALREADY PURCHASED THEM
DIDN’T COST $300.00

It’s not too late for someone to spray a sealer on their ignition coils, whether on-plug types, or otherwise. A sealer could be lacquer, or silicone spray. One wouldn’t know until one tried it.
Many parts stores WILL accept the return of UNUSED electrical parts. It depends on the store and the customer.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUGGESTIONS BUT I THINK SINCE I ALREADY HAVE THE NEW ONES
IT WOULD BE BETTER TO INSTALL THEM
ESPECIALLY SINCE WE DON’T KNOW IF THE SEALER WOULD WORK
AGAIN THANK YOU ALL!!!

Go for it and really ALL CAPS means you are yelling and some folks don’t like that. Like me. Peace and good luck.