Wet carpets = leak...somewhere

Do you have a sun/moon roof? That could be another place to look.

We can rule out the moon roof/ sun roof, I dont have one of those.

With the heater core…wouldnt that leak into the passenger side??

Yes a heater core is typically on the passenger side. Since the windshield seals seem tight, the cowl seems the next best bet, a garden hose and eyes looking for water could be helpful.

I have a similar issue with a '99 T-top Firebird, only the rear passenger side fills up with water. I have checked both T tops, stayed inside the car to check for drips while a friend hoses it, to no avail. Would really appreciate any other suggestions from anyone who has experienced and resolved this problem. I have an appointment with a body shop for Thursday but the guy sounded like he was going to dog the job to run up the bill. He started hemming and hawing, like, well, you know leaks can be tricky to diagnose…should I cancel?

Wet = mold & rust …
I have solved most water leaks by removing the carpet, and spraying water, to see where it leaks in.
After removing the floor mats… I pull back carpet, removing trim if needed. I would rather have a car without trim, than a car with mold & rust ! I then place newspaper under the carpet, overnite, then replace wet paper with dry, repeat. This also lets air around the wet carpet.
CARAVAN: leaks all over, thanks to age and Mopar. The best! The heater hose, not the heater core, would leak @ the firewall, run onto computer & all sorts of things would happen. Had water pooling under the 3d rear seat right in the center, very Hitchcock like. Water ran from the top, behind the liftgate, dam up around the tailight, wicking it’s way under the weather strip on the pinch flange and then into the car.
Take a credit card, place it flat on the inside of glass and try to push it thru to the outside. This is how I found a broken seal on a litfgate. I then removed outside trim, cleaned well, used CLEAR silicon sealant @ the top & sides (only) of the glass. Problem solved.

geo