Water in Transmission

infiniti
transmissions
clutches
i35

Long story short is that my radiator malfunctioned and mixed transmission and coolant. I took it to a shop and they did a flush of both the radiator and transmission after putting in a brand new radiator. I drove it home and it has sat for a week. I popped the hood today and there is a little pit of pink transmission in the radiator no big deal but the transmission dip stick is thick and pink so I know there is water still in the transmission. I have already concluded I will need a new transmission and was curious what will I need to have replaced? Just the clutch, the entire transmission, or something else? Also would it be cheaper to have it overhauled or find a rebuilt transmission and pay to have it swapped? I understand quite a bit about cars but when it comes to transmission I have not knowledge.

The transmission will need to be torn down, vatted and completely rebuilt from the ground up. Engine coolant will kill an automatic transmission.

transman

Sorry about your transmission. I think this shows that a transmission flush doesn’t get rid of all the old fluid in your transmission as is claimed.