Wallet flush makes sense?

ASAP. I wish I could say, “now’” but don’t have any firm plans ready, yet. That’s why were going to make a run down on a scouting expedition. I have to see if I can afford to own 2 places, one north, one south, or if I want to rent…

I need to get out of a house and into a condo. I have always dreaded yard work and home maintenance and now I hate it! As I accumulate more birthday candles my perspective has changed a bit.

Back to cars… I’m thinking of driving the old '96 Caravan (just turned 100,000 miles) down there as an experiment to see if it’ll go round trip :slight_smile: We don’t have our usual time constraints so If it makes it fine, if not fine. I usually rent a vehicle, but I’ve always been up against a deadline for returning. What do think? Is that nuts? My wife made it to Bradenton and is flying back north in a few days and I’ll pick her up and go.

Oh, and the cooling system was serviced recently using my siphon method and coolant is looking good. I just put in fresh OE Champion spark plugs, oil & filter.
CSA

This trip will be a good dry run for your move. You’ll want to take at least two vehicles, and the Caravan could be one of them. The way you care for your cars, I can’t see you selling the fleet and buying a new one in FL.

We used to pull the trailer down there every spring break and I rarely had a car with less than 100,000 since I commuted with the good car back then. Never had a problem but I did take cash, bonds, and credit along for a major repair if I needed it and to fly the family home ahead of me. If the car is in decent shape, and used regularly, it should be a walk in the park. If a car hasn’t been used regularly though, putting it on the road can be like a shake down cruise in a ship.

Up to that point, you had not indicated any of this would be done at home and professionals don’t crawl around on the floor very often…