Vintage Master Cylinder

I have been having a real issue trying to get the brakes on my 1936 Dodge to work. I have tried everything twice. I just removed the master cvlinder again and noticed while comparing to a diagram that the bypass port in the bottom of the resiover looks like its either not drilled all the way out or the hole is very small - less then a 1/16 of an inch. Does anyone know how large the bypass port hole should be. The intake port hole looks to be about 3/16 of an inch.

Many,many,many years ago, I helped work on a '33 Plymouth hydralic brake system. I remember we had one h… of a time getting them to work, 1st, it was very difficult to get the wheel cylinders to stop leaking with the rebuild kits available, we ended up trying many different cups until we found the size that worked. 2nd, The Master cylinder was filled with gunk ad we had to work to clean it out, all I can remember is that all the ports looked the same, but I don’t know what the size was. We put a slightly oversized cup in and we had no leaks. After all this work and much bleeding of all cylinders, we got it to stop AND pass the Pennsylvania state inspection.

Oldmotorist