Victory Trim

That era of cars had about 10 times the character of the current ones. The world wasn’t always run by bean counters.

Could you cut a hole in the tire, put the ashes in, then patch the hole??

Scrabbler

The bad part about discontinuing pennies is that when a tax increase comes along it would be in nickel increments. Ouch.

I do agree the old cars had more character. A long time friend of mine in KS ran across a '53 Buick 2 DR HT about 5 years ago and bought it for a measly 500 bucks. It’s a straight black/silver in color car adorned with ton of chrome and has a good running 324 V-8 in it.
It’s been his daily driver for almost 5 years and turns heads everywhere. Still can’t believe someone unloaded this car for what is essentially pocket change.

Pennies are 1 cent, not 1/10 cent.

The bad part about discontinuing pennies is that when a tax increase comes along it would be in nickel increments. Ouch.

I hope that was meant as a joke, because it is obviously not true. The tax rates today are in “mills” (tenths of cent) and no one has a problem just rounding to the nearest cent. The same would happen if the 1 cent coin disappeared, gas pumps would still have 1/10 cent increments in the cost per gallon and tax rates would be figured in mills, the rounding would just be in 5 cent increments, and even that would not be strictly necessary as you could still write a check or have an electronic fund transfer in cents, just not cash.

Not that I think eliminating the penny is a good idea. Every time it comes up people say how there aren’t any vending machines that accept pennies any more, but that is also patently false. I bet there is at least one vending machine in every town that accepts pennies. Just look in your local Post Office.