Vibration with deceleration

I have vibration on deceleration between 55 and 45 mph with braking. The brake pads were checked and ok so cylinders were fixed for warps and there was some improvement, but it returned. Tires were changed with no improvement. Any ideas?

your rotors are probably warped. (I’m assuming you meant rotors when you said cylinders) If they just turned the rotors, then they shaved metal off of them, which made them thinner and more prone to warping.

You should also make sure that a caliper or two isn’t sticking.

Finally, have the hub itself checked. Sometimes rust can build up on the surface of the hub, which makes the rotor go on at an angle and causes shaking.

Shadowfox is right. 10:1 your rotors are indeed warped. This is a common thing with vehicles that people have had to accidentally ride the brakes, or commonly have to stop quickly. Your best bet is to check the rotors for warpage, then replace them if they are too far out of tolerance.

You said deceleration and then mentioned braking. Does the vibration occur only when braking? Is the vibration proportional to braking effort and speed?

It would be rotors, possibly the front ones. I had the same problem with my Mazda and it got fixed after changing the rotors.

This may be a late reply but i have just found this forum, (10-10-2023)… if it is happening on deceleration, it seems like it may be the CV (constant velocity) joints, that may be worn. If the car is in neutral, there is no drag or drive on the shafts, just natural rotational movement in the same direction then the joint will rest in a pocket unless acted on by sudden changes in wheel speed, (potholes, rumble strips, intermittent braking etc), however, also previosuly stated, tgat is the counter balance of the drive shafts have been thrown then it will also cause excessive vibration.
Do not let this vibration occur for long periods of time as there is a thing called “resonannt frequency” which means that the part in question can vibrate at a certain frequency which will “excite” other parts of your car which will cause them to become loose or fail over time

This is a 12 yo thread, August 2011 was the last post…

My try helping with current problems , plenty of post to choose from in the last few days… lol

Welcome to the forum @Paulmartin2k6_187204. As @davesmopar said, start with the new posts and join in on the discussions. You are more likely to get responses from the OPs and the usual list of suspects around here.