Vehicle designed to be DIY'er Servicable?

It’s not just kids that play these games. Many adults do. In fact there are MILLIONS of them. I never got into those games.

You must really live in the boonies…There’s a small town I drive through sometimes in northern NH…Population - less then 3,000. Closest city is 2+ hours away and they have TWO quick lube places.

Of course but kids usually are the earliest adopters and a sign of the trending nature of things…

Not necessarily. Candy Crush was a huge hit among adults right from the start.

I absolutely do, and agree completely. But the trouble is that “guys like you”/us are an endangered species. Even people in rural America are often not doing their own car work. They won’t be getting under that car in any weather, adverse or not.

No, you don’t, but corporations don’t care about you. In some remote areas, there’s maybe 20 people per square mile. In my city, there are more than 7,000 people per square mile, and we have relatively low density - 48 US metro areas beat us. If you were a car company executive assigned to sell cars to people, would you target the 20, or the 7000? And the 7000 have easy and convenient access to Jiffy Lube, dealerships, and independent mechanics, and don’t want to work on their own car. Most of them don’t even fill the washer fluid. Most of them only put their own gas in the car because most gas stations don’t have attendants do it anymore.

Heck, they aren’t even targeting you guys with most pickups anymore. When I was a kid, you saw trucks in remote areas, driven by farmers, ranchers, and workmen. And they looked like this:

Now you see them in downtown Los Angeles, driven by just about everyone, and they look like this:

I get it - I used to live in a rural area too, and the lack of services, lack of internet, lack of anybody anywhere from any corporation or government agency giving one flying fig about your needs stinks. But that’s the reality - they’re going to market to and aim services at the people who will give them the most return on their investment, which means they’re going to cater to urbanites.

(and if you really wanna get steamed, this thing isn’t going anywhere anyway, because electric cars don’t need oil changes! -ducks- )

((bonus points to anyone who recognizes the first truck))

I think the first truck is a mid 80’s chevy the 2nd one I have no idea.

Cadillac Escalade EXT.

1 Like

Thank you @insightful all I know it looks like a very expensive toy.

That old blue pickup bears a great deal of resemblance to a 1971 Chevrolet that I owned back in the day and mine looked in somewhat similar condition. It had 3 on the tree that would hang up shifting to second and that kept the uninitiated from borrowing it.

We did pick up on the sarcasm, or our responses would not have been followed by funny faces.

It’s a Chebby.

@the_same_mountainbik Is that how they say it in Boston?

I was looking for the specific truck pictured. Look real close at the passengers and you might get it. It’s from a movie.

I’m not sure… I’m not from Boston! :rofl:

1 Like

Sorry I thought it was you but it must be one of the other regular’s that talks’ about going to boston.

The blue truck is clearly a GMC or Chevy

Judging by the rims, it’s not a 1-ton truck, might be a 1/2 ton

Is it a C10 . . . ?

Just a “wild guess”…from Star Trek IV?

Picture 3

2 Likes

I’m foolin’ with you a bit. I live about 75 miles north of Boston, and used to go there routinely on business and often for pleasure. I did business there (on Cheney Street in Roxbury just off of Blue Hill Ave… a dangerous place for a non drug addict) and my son attended Berklee College and lived in Boston after.

But in the neighborhood where I do live, among my friends, they’re Chebbies.

1 Like

really like this filter location:

2 Likes

Subaru?

STUPID 10 character minimum :angry: