Vehicle designed to be DIY'er Servicable?

The navy officer ranks are confusing for members of the other armed forces so who’s surprised when a motion picture studio gopher can’t get them straight?

I figured they’d have at least consulted someone. Not to difficult to do.

They may have consulted with R Lee Ermey.

Andrew Clay calls it an “Escalator”.
A rare instance of true wit from him.

Babylon 5? That’s set 250 years in the future! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Heck, I’ve only been out of the Air Force for 43+ years and the enlisted rank insignia has already changed. As have the uniforms, uniform regulations, and lots of other stuff. Who knows what ranks will be 250 years from now?

But overall I agree. It drives me nuts when the entertainment media gets the military stuff wrong.

I agree…but every other rank on the show matched current ranks and insignias in the current US military.

yes the only thing I dont miss is a rebuild every 100,000 miles on the old blocks, today’s engines will last 200,000 or 3 K easy with oil changes.

This post is 1 year old. Please look at the date at the right side of the screen before you post.Only recent posts are answered on this site.

1 Like

Plus, in ‘58 the Scotsman’s stayed with single headlights and no fins, basically unchanged from the ‘57s.

@cdaquila Carolyn, any chance you could close this. Wading through over 200 posts seems counter productive to any kind of research.

I noticed the farm store has mini bikes on sale now for about $357. Pretty basic with a Briggs engine, auto clutch, chain drive, and a couple wheels. Easily serviced. Just add lights for highway use but bring a rain coat if the weather is bad. From experience a 13 year old can service them.

Fifty years ago Cushman and Allstate scooters were just that basic @bing. And they were registered and tagged and driven on the streets locally and I assume across the country. Locally scooters required no license to operate on city streets and the law considered anyone large enough to start and drive one was of legal age. Looking back those old scooters would start on the second kick if they didn’t start on the first. And each kick required lifting the kick start pedal with your heal.

Other than that, how’s the heating system working? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What do you think about this idea? Instead of a separate radiator and heater core, combine them into one unit at the front of the car. Separate, independent sections of the same radiator. Pipe the airflow through the heater core section into the passenger cabin. The advantage, no need to rip the dash apart to replace the heater core. Has any company used this technique?

That would work well when the weather is above 80 degrees but you won’t get much heat off of the radiator when the outside temperature is below freezing.

That was a really good idea. Until Nevada_545 showed up, :unamused:
Ohh, btw - has B&S ever made any water cooled engines?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit
Not to mention that multi million dollar bussines idea that he just ruined. :disappointed_relieved:

Several. They’re the ones with “lc” in the model number.

I think I want a minibike, street legal?

Around here you had to have a license, but they had to catch you too. The go to brand was Fox. That’s what the richest kid in the neighborhood had, otherwise they were home made.

Straighten up people there’s a new sheriff in town.