Valve Stem Seals On 2000 Rav4

I have a 2000 Rav4 that needs the valve stem seals replaced per the local toyota dealer ($1,700). The car currently has 88,000 miles on it and has been serviced by the dealer ever since purchasing the car. When I purchased the car (CarMax), it had 25,000 miles on it. My question, Is this normal among Rav4’s needing the valve stems replaced at 88,000 miles? Has anyone else had this problem

There is another recent post on here about a valve seal problem with a Rav4. My reply to yours would be the same as that one. Use the search function and see if that reply helps you any.

Everything you want to know about the cost for the valve stem seals…assuming you are referring to the ones on the wheels…

http://www.google.com/products?q=Valve+Stem+Seals+On+2000+Rav4&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=RNFA,RNFA:1970--2,RNFA:en&um=1&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

This is very common among 4.1 rav4s 1996-2000 Some oil use and a puff of smoke is normal and expected. Unless oil use gets to high I would drive it, There are a whole lot of them with 150000-200000mi that do this.

www.rav4world.com As stated use search. Great site RAVON