Vacuum hose diagram - Toyota Echo

I have a 2003 Toyota Echo, and am getting a check engine light - P0771 code. I’ve cleaned the MAF sensor and replaced the air filter; light’s still on.

My next thought is to check vacuum hoses (about 2 years ago, my mechanic noticed one had popped off) - problem is, being relatively new to car maintenance, I don’t know what I’m looking for (other than an obviously dangling hose, and I didn’t notice any). Are there any schematics available online of what’s supposed to connect where?

Also, any other thoughts as to the cause of the code?

Cheers!

Look under the hood for the emissions sticker. This should reflect the vacuum hose diagram.

The code P0771=Shift Solenoid E Performance or Stuck off. What has that to do with the MAF sensor?

Tester

Sorry, typo. P0171 - System Too Lean (Bank #1).

Okay, that makes more sense. Other things to check would be - intake leak, low fuel pressure, TPS, O2 sensor, …

Well, now I feel silly. Was spending too much time looking down at the engine, didn’t even see the sticker on the underside of the hood.

Unfortunately, vacuum hoses are all connected and no evident leaks.

Only symptom of the problem (aside from the light) is that about 10% of the time, the car will have trouble accelerating within the first 5 minutes I drive it. After that, no problems at all.

Is there a good logical next step here that doesn’t require extensive car knowledge/specialized tools, or is it time to give up and take it to a mechanic?

The engine temperature sensor could also be a suspect then. How many miles? Is it time to replace the plugs?

140k miles. If “plugs” refers to spark plugs, they were replaced about 5k miles ago.