V6 to V8 Swap (1994 chevy)

Howdy,

I have a 1994 Chevy Truck, 2WD, with 4.3 Vortec V6 Motor. I am pulling the V6 out, and putting a V8, 5.7, 350, motor in.

I just need to know if I can use the same Harness, and just change the computer, or will I have to re-chip it.

All information is appreciated.

I beleive the harness will be close if not exact. A lot depends on the fuel injection system supplied with the V8 engine. You need the throttle body injection system used in 94 on the V8. And, no, the computer will not need changing but you will need the eprom chip for a V8.

3 Likes

1997jras asked this same question a few months ago . At that time they said they were in Nevada and might be subject to emissions tests .

1 Like

Hello again, from what ive seen, things are going well, my father is in the last stages of hooking up the engine. getting it in was a little difficult but all the responses we’ve gotten so far has been very helpful, hes just asking i post another time for more help.

"Good Day folks, I am attempting to fix my 1994 Chevy Truck 2 Wheel Drive - 350 motor - 4l60E Transmission . I want to switch out the TPI System for a carburetor and Regular Intake setup , What Fuel Issues will I run in to as well as Electrical as far as Distributor?

Answers are appreciated Thanks"

How about giving us a little more information, please . . . ?!

Which 1994 Chevy truck do you have . . . ?!

S-10?

Silverado, or whatever they were calling the 1/2-ton truck back in those days?

You do realize that’s actually considered a step backwards, so to speak?

Do you live in an area with emissions testing?

If so, it’ll never fly . . . unless you literally know people that will look the other way

You must pull the in tank fuel pump and replace it with plumbing to eliminate it and install an electric in line 5+psi fuel pump.
And I didn’t understand whether you were replacing the transmission… you will need to.