Hi there -
We own an antique business and are now starting to go out on the road to do shows. We mainly sell antique books, paper and some smaller antiques (but need room for displays etc… and other odd items and for bigger shows we can pretty much fill a van with product alone).
We have absolutely no idea where to start - diesel/non diesel, van or truck with cab, suv, small box truck, etc…
- Our road trips would be around 800 miles round trip and less
- Perhaps once a month usage at most, so we will only be using the vehicle for shows.
- Less than 10,000 used range
- Good gas mileage for hauling
- Will be carrying less than 3,000
- Would like tow capacity to infrequently tow small camper
- If vehicle, can take out back seats for cargo room
We started looking at Yukon XL, Trailblazers, etc… and just really got confused.
Also may just buy a tow trailer instead if that is best option…
Currently own Hyundai Santa Fe with 3,000 tow capacity but if you advise to just get a cargo trailer we are happy to take advice on what to trade Hyundai in for to haul with when necessary. Seems that this would be the best route, as it would be one less vehicle to insurance but will take your advice into consideration.
Thanks soooooo much - will value any advice, as we are lost!