Used car prices

Confused about prices for this model. Car is in good condition with only 54,000 miles. Edmunds quotes $1600 for private seller. Blue Book price runs from $2600 to $3500. Need to make an offer but economically challenged–$2600+ just seems a bit much for this vehicle but would appreciate some perspective.

Edmunds prices are closer to reality. KBB seems high. Offer $1,600 to 1,800 and see where it goes from there.

Edmunds prices are typically reasonable. Start there, and see if you can get the car for something close. How do you know the car is in good condition? If you have not paid for an inspection by a mechanic you trust, then get it done. It could cost $100 to $200, but it’s better than having a couple thousand in repairs in the next year. For a car this old, you don’t really need to know all the options, but it doesn’t hurt to price it accurately. Also, How are the tires? If they are the original tires, you probably need to replace them. That’s around $400.

Thanks. Someone advised that Edmund’s prices were more reality-based. I was going to offer $1700.

Thank you for the input. The offer I am making is contingent on an inspection–immediate repair/maintenance needs and what I can expect in a few months.