Used car negotions for 2013 GMC Terrain

I disagree. My daughter bought a new 2020 Honda CRV EX 2WD on Sunday and got a fantastic price. She presented them with an out the door price that she would accept, and they agreed without negotiations. They even gave away the nitrogen in the tires ($129) and accent stripes ($695) that the dealer put on to rip you off. I went along, of course, to guide her through buying her first car. I was arm candy. She did a fantastic job without me. I am continually impressed with her capabilities in many areas, now including car buying.

OK, now that I’m finished bragging on my daughter, I’ll explain my disagreement. All dealers have a hard time selling cars because of the economy and other COVID-19 related uncertainties. Moving cars increases cash flow, and that is sometimes more important than the bottom line. They can wait to sell cars at a healthy profit or sell at low or no profit, or even a loss, to keep cash coming in to sustain the business.

3 Likes

How many miles are on this thing?

1 Like

For anybody following/interested, I purchased a 2014 GMC Terrain with 133k for 8k. Bluetooth, heated seats, new tires, brakes and completely clean.

8 Likes

Good luck glad you found one please keep us updated on how every thing goes with it.

1 Like

@BDazzle
Congratulations! Glad you found what you are comfortable and happy with. Best wishes with happy motoring in it.

Do, please, feel free to ask anything here about upkeep, maintenance, and any needed repairs over time. Lots of accumulated knowledge and experience among the regulars who truly enjoy helping people.

And do let us know how this works out. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I think you made a great choice. That’s a nice vehicle.

1 Like

Very nice. Enjoy it and don’t stress. And please be sure to come back and see us again.

2 Likes

That sounds like a solid deal for 8K. And great comprehensive advice from Marnet!

1 Like

Is this a better deal than the Cadillac version of the same vehicle because this one has the 4 cylinder engine? The OP did not state which engine this Terrain was equipped with. The 4 cylinder engine does not have a good reputation, I think I would prefer the V6.

1 Like

Better than the Cadillac just due to less mileage, but idk much about vehicles. Here are the specs of my vehicles:

MPG: 22 city / 32 highway

Horsepower: 182 hp @ 6,700 rpm

Engine: 2.4 L 4-cylinder

Transmission: 6-speed automatic

[quote="BDazzle, , but idk much about vehicles.

The main thing’s you need to know is to lift the hood at least once a week to check the various fluid’s and to get the idea of what every thing look’s like under there so if something start’s to look different you can have it looked at by a mechanic. The next thing get a tire pressure gauge ( cheap at most part’s store’s ) and learn how to use it and what the pressure should be ( it will be on a placard on the driver’s side door post ) at least once a week. Next thing when you walk up to the car take a quick glance at how it is setting level or not if not level could be a low tire also if there are any puddles of fluid that could be a leak that need’s to be checked out. Last but not least is what is called driving by the seat of your pant’s get a good feel of how it drive’s and ride’s so if anything change’ you can have it checked good luck. Also feel free to come back here for any question’s you may have in future and we will try to help you.

5 Likes

One of the main issues some folks appear to have with the 2.4 L 4 cylinder is random stalling. Here’s a discussion:

You might want to join that forum, too.

1 Like

Just be aware that you might not get those numbers . Sometimes you might even do better but your driving and traffic patterns make a difference.

1 Like

I can’t thank you guys enough for all your help and advice! I truly would be lost without all of you!

1 Like

You need to know you can trust the dealer, some will only sell vehicles which are in good shape other will not, so having a qualified Mechanic inspect the car prior to purchase is most important, if you get too good of a deal be caution usually you pay for what you get!

1 Like