Used Car Dilemmas!

May i ask what opinions are out there about a 1999 Mazda B3000 truck with 100k for $2999? or a

2002 Mazda Millenia S with 72k for $6980?

PT Cruiser 2007 with 34,612 miles for $9999

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS with 60,633 miles for $9951

2003 Mazda Protege with 70,415 miles at $8,550

I am unfamiliar with most of these models so any advice would be helpful!

I would strongly suggest that you pick up a copy of the Consumer Reports Used Car Buyers Guide. This has detailed impressions of each of these vehicles, as well as information on their “frequency of repair”.

Regarding the Mazda Millenia, if the one in question has the Miller Cycle Engine, you might want to avoid it. While it was a good concept, this was the only car ever manufactured with this type of engine, and many mechanics are not really familiar with their particulars.

I would choose the one in the best condition and that had the best care.

The B3000 is the 3.0L Ford Ranger. I have a 95 with 108K miles (the 4.0L STX) and it’s getting long in the tooth. It’s mostly age, though. We’ve only put a couple hundred miles on in the last few years, so we got to 105 3-4 years ago, and it was still pretty fresh then, so I suspect (with proper maintenance) this would be fine - if you want a truck with low MPG.
Stay away from the PT. You can’t maintain a turd enough to make it worthy :slight_smile:
There is quite the variance it type here. Do you want a p/u truck, a mini-SUV, an SUV, a small car or a mid-size sedan?