Unsafe suspension problem

Car is a 2006 Chrysler sebring dohc 2.4L engine
Mechanic told me ball joints were fine so I’m assuming its the bushings being they are the worn bushings I was talking about. I replaced the inner tie rods. I jacked up the car eairler and found something that it problem shouldn’t be doing. When turning the wheel as far left or right as it can turn, the tie rod is smacking into the piece that connects the strut to the lower control arm…what could cause this?

Also camber cannot be adjusted be there is no way to a just it unless I buy a aftermarket camber adjust bar.

IMHO you have too many problems here to be making any accurate diagnosis over the internet. There’s likely something going on here beyond normal wear.

Is this the same poster who made a complaint a few weeks ago about an oddball suspension problem? I seem to remember something about a tie rod hitting a steering knuckle.

If the camber is way out of spec then something is assembled incorrectly, worn, or bent.

OP, you clearly have something seriously wrong here that is beyond your current knowledge level to diagnose. If you won’t take it to a pro, we really can’t help you. Please, I urge you, take this to a pro and get it repaired.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I fear for the inevitable future accident if you don’t.

The front lower control arm bushings are weak points. How do they look?
BTW, I believe you have “coil-over shocks” that connect to the lower control arms (as you have said). “Struts” would connect directly to the steering knuckles.

There are a lot of possibilities, including rot of the strut tower or a subframe member (seen that before).

This is perhaps the most concerning part of this exchange-

.I used to get a violent pulsating shake above 70mph after I changed tires it calmed down tremendously. Now I can still fill it but barley mostly after 80mph. All other symptoms remain.

I understand this may be your only transportation to/from work. But to drive at speeds like this with a known problem is completely unacceptable behavior. If you cannot afford to maintain your car that’s one thing. Then use secondary streets to get to your destination at a much slower speed. Yes, it will take longer. That’s your burden due to circumstances. To continue acting like there is no problem and subject everyone around you to risk because you can’t be put out is completely irresponsible.

YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS GOING OVER 70 MPH MUCH LESS 80+ MPH IN THIS CAR.

I appoligize let me rephrase…I get a pulsating shake mostly above 80 mph. I didnt say, everyday on my way to work when I’m flying 80mph I get a shake. I have took it out to a long country road and went well over 80mph as a test drive to see how bad it is at high speeds. I am living my burden everyday driving to work the slowlane on the freeway at speeds of 50-55, any slower on the freeway could be more dangerous. I am a somewhat responsible individual trying to get to and from work safely. I do not hit the turbo on my way to work or any where for that matter. I do appreciate your concerns and agree with u 100% Tturbo.

Have you looked at the bushings that mount the rack and pinion assy to the frame?

I will take some pictures and post them

OK so I replaced the lower control arms and now my car seems slightly worse. Also its now way out of alignment.

Im honestly questioning whether we should allow you to drive to be honest. Knowing you have an issue THIS severe and serious while ignoring it and continuing to drive…Does not bode well for your character or decision making skills. No…that isn’t a joke.

Please get the vehicle repaired Immediately…As @“the same mountainbike” clearly pointed out…this is dangerous to all of us out in the world. In fact its kind of “criminal” to continue to operate it in this regard.

If we knew what vehicle and or year you had we could try to guide you toward a repair solution…but…we dont have that. So my only advice is to not drive it and have it repaired…ASAP.

P.S… I am happy you are not an Aircraft Pilot…cause this sorta thing doesn’t “fly” with that kind of equipment…

PLEASE get this looked at…like…yesterday

Blackbird

Thank u blackbird for your concern. I have took all your advise and the car is not on the road I have found other means to work for now. Car make is a 2006 Chrysler Sebring 2.4l dohc

You tried to adjust it before replacing the control arms, now, with new control arms …and your misalignment …it is most likely so far from close that it is beyond your capabilities.

I know you think that you can do it all, but some work like alignments should be left to those that have the proper understanding of the egocentric’s and have the proper equipment.
I does not make you dumb…you just know your limits.

I’ll admit that with the little knowledge I know of computers , I would never attempt more of a repair than to go to a friends house and throw it out the 2nd story window. My house is only one story or I’d do that here.

I also know nothing about AC and don’t care to either. So I leave Computers, AC, and alignments to those that have the knowledge and tools.

I also do heart surgery on the side, but that’s just for a filler between brake jobs and wheel bearings.

Yosemite

In fact its kind of "criminal" to continue to operate it in this regar

If you drive a vehicle knowing that there’s a potential mechanical safety problem and you get in an accident you can be held criminally responsible. Happened to my Dad years ago. A kid ran a stop-sign because he had faulty brakes - and slammed into the side of my Dad’s car. Told the cop his brakes were bad but couldn’t afford to get them fixed til his next pay check. The cop arrested him for endangering the welfare of the public.

Thanks for posting back. Certainly reassuring to read your response. Lots of people posting here that don’t seem to have a clue so I apologize for assuming you were one of them. Good luck on the repair!

Sounds about right tho… @MikeInNH doesn’t it ?

I’m very happy to hear that you’ve taken the vehicle off the road until it can be properly diagnosed and repaired.

Sincere best with this. Let us know how you make out. We do care.

Could the problem lie in the CV joints or something like that that. Should I remove the CV axle boot and inspect there? Boot is in good shape.