Turbo flash. Fire out the tail pipe?

It boggles the mind to think how much fuel is being forced through these engines. Imagine how big the flames would be if NHRA didn’t mandate restrictor plates.

Restrictor plates? They still pull 8000 HP from the fuelie dragsters. How much HP would they have without restrictor plates? Are you confusing NHRA with NASCAR?

Anyway, they usually run alcohol, not gasoline. Iowans must love them!

Nope, I’m thinking of NHRA. They’ve mandated restrictor plates to try to keep the speeds down. They figure 330 mph in the quarter is high enough.

I have the same gripe with NHRA doing that as I have with NASCAR’s mulltitude of restrictions. I think they go a bit too far. But I understand that while I think that races would be a lot more exciting if they cars were unlimited, at least in one “class”, they’re trying to save lives. We’d have a lot more deaths and destruction if race cars were truely allowed free-rein.

I thought the only thing they did was to shorten the race from a quarter mile to about 2 tenths of a mile. While I enjoy drag racing, I’m not a rabid fan (I don’t know all the rules). I just enjoy watching he races and listening to John Force talk (and talk and talk) when he gets the microphone.