Tune up on 1994 toyota previa

Our mechanic told us that our previa needs complete tune up. Cost $400.00 plus. Reason for high cost is labor to remove sets and step on passengers side to get to engine to do the work. Does this sound right?

What are “sets and step” ? What exactly are they going to do in the “tune-up” ?

2WD or 4WD?

I think that the OP meant “seats”, rather then steps.
The engine in this particular model is very difficult to access, thus making for high labor costs.

However, I would be skeptical whether everything that should be included in a “complete tuneup” (which is a non-specific term that means different things to different people) is being included. A better term would be “90k maintenance”, or “120k maintenance”, or…

If this price includes spark plugs, plug wires, air filter, fuel filter, coolant flush, brake fluid change, transmission fluid change, and a new serpentine belt, then take them up on this offer before they wise-up and increase the price. On the other hand, if–as I suspect–this includes just spark plugs and an air filter, then you are paying mainly for the extra work necessary to actually access the engine in this model.

How about telling us exactly what is included in this “complete tune up”?

Though this particular model is “very difficult to access”, it’s still not that reasonable… 350 is likely to be the cost… ask someone car parts shops… goodluck