Transmission

I just had a new engine installed in 95 nissan pu

drove about 50 miles and stopped at a stop sigh

trans would not shift???

Automatic? Check your transmission fluid level. Check cooling lines to radiator for leak. Manual? Check the shifter to see if it came loose or is binding. Check the clutch for proper operation. Call the shop that replaced your engine and see if they can check it out for you. They may be at fault. Tip: If you post a problem you need to be a little more specific. It’s better than letting us play guessing games.

Automatic or manual? Big difference.

automatic

SORRY, AUTOMATIC THE PEOPLE THAT REPLACED THE ENGINE ARE AT A LOSS WANTED TO KNOW HOW LONG
PU WAS DISABLED AND IF IT SET UP A LONG TIME NO IT DID NOT

I am not at all clear on what you’re saying. What do you mean it wouldn’t shift? It wouldn’t go at all? If so, was the engine revving up when you stepped on the gas? Or you’re saying it would go but just stayed in 1st gear? How was it driving before you stopped at the stop sign?

Then there’s the other mystery - the shop wanted to know what? How long it sat with a bad motor before they put another one in it?

Did you check the fluid or what?

auto stayed in low so if i buy a new 2009 in 2010 the transmission would be bad???

You have a '95 (the means 15 year old pu truck); what has that got to do with a new 2009 transmission? Are you saying you put a new transmission in your '95 pu a year ago?

Is this the story, or if not please correct it.

You had a major motot failure of some sort with your '95 Nissan pu truck?

You had a shop put in a “new” motor, a rebuilt motor, or a used motor from a salvage yard?

This replacement motor was put in the truck with the existing auto transmission?, or a new, rebuild, or salvage yard auto transmission?

You drove the the truck and within 50 miles the trans is not shifting up from 1st, does it shift into neutral? Does it shift into reverse?

When the transmission stopped working properly you opened the hood and checked the auto transmission fluid level, and the level was OK? or too high? or too low? The fluid itself was what color? Clear? Smelled like burnt cigars?

With some information that makes sense you might start to get some useful answers. We get that your transmission doesn’t work and you are upset; but that’s about all we get so far.

“if i buy a new 2009 in 2010 the transmission would be bad???”

You are going to have to clarify this for me, as I cannot figure out how a possible transmission failure on a 15 year old vehicle would have anything to do with a 2009 vehicle.

Do you walk to school or do you carry your lunch?
;-))