Transmission oil replacement

The manufacturer guidlines for my 2014 Nissan Sentra call for transmission flud exchange at 60,000 miles. My car only has 35,000 miles, but Nissan is recomending a transmission service because the transmission oil is already 7 years old and will likely be 14 years old before i reach 60,000 miles. Is this nessesary?

It is your vehicle so you can decide what to do . But it is a good idea to change the fluid because you don’t drive as much as the average person . You could have it done anywhere but the dealer will use the proper fluid . You might look in you owners manual and it might say number of miles and number of months . It would also make sense to change coolant if you have not done so .

2 Likes

Is it a cvt trans?

3 Likes

Pretty sure it’s a CVT, so yes, I’d replace the fluid at the dealer to make sure the correct fluid is used.

And here’s why:

Lots of tranny problems, so extra changes are a good idea.

2 Likes

Dealer might say warranty is void if they change fluid before spec’d interval.:grinning:

I have mine changed at 30,000 miles. 60,000 is too long regardless of what the marketing folks put in the manual. In my humble opinion, but suit yourself.

3 Likes

That seems unlikely but I’ve heard weirder. :wink:

2 Likes

I think it was a (not obvious) joke.

Oh, I think so too but it wouldn’t really surprise me.