Transmission leak from fill tube

It’s a ford c6 transmission- leaking heavily from the base of the fill tube. Evidently it needs a new o-ring. Question is, am I gonna have to drop the pan?..or does the tube just pull out (after being unbolted from the block)?

It pulls right out. Very easy fix…